Saturday, August 25, 2007

Chapter II: In danger of being discovered

In the distance, a human waitress that attended the human clients in the cafeteria, noticed my presence and secretly approached and put me in a cardboard box under the shelf where the coffee machine was, so I could receive some heat and stay warm and also for not being seen, since they would oblige her to get rid of me.

The human waitress expected anxiously the arrival of some humans that frequented the cafeteria, to whom she had a lot of confidence and to the ones that she would ask for help, since she ran the risk of being scolded for having me hidden. In the meantime, she gave me milk with foam, which was the base to make cappuccino, and a piece of doughnut, which I did not digest very well since I was very tiny, but hunger.. is hunger.

Suddenly, the human manager of the Italian cafeteria approached the human waitress to tell her that that day there were going to do a general cleaning to the great and old stylish golden coffee machine that was very representative of the place, and wanted to get close in order to check its filters. The human waitress, with the nerves tipping wanted to impede him from approaching, since he would discover me and subtly lowered a hand and covered my mouth so that I didn' t made any noise, while it occurred to her to tell the human manager that she had heard some clients say that in an hour or so a group of humans would arrive and were going to celebrate the birthday of one of them and that they already had asked her to reserve six tables for their party.

That was enough to make the human manager leave the cleaning for the next day and withdrew. As you know, I didn't understood the reason why my mouth was covered and I thought it was a new type of human attack, but past the danger, the human waitress pet me and gave me another piece of doughnut, this time covered with chocolate. The human waitress watched constantly the clock that was in the wall and noticed that it was time...
Finally, by the central walkway she saw that the humans whom she had been expecting so anxiously arrived...



To be continued....Chapter III

8 Comments:

Blogger spiderpig said...

Yay! First comment!
You've had a tough life, haven't ya? Comparable to my life on the streets as a kitten. I hope you eventually found the right kind of human...
What's gonna happen next?

5:11 PM  
Blogger spiderpig said...

P.S. I'm Felissa. Just changed the username.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Mini great story, I'll look forward for the next part.I am a cat rescue too, so I understand how it is to be abandoned.
Meow, cheers.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

Hi Mini, we hopes yore doing ok efun tho yoo hasn't been bloggin lately. Haf a Happy Fanksgiving!
Purrrrrrrrrs!
Sanjee, Boni Maroni, Mini, Gree and Pepi

6:39 AM  
Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Happy New Year, Mini, please come back soon okay...we'z concerned.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our Cat Perches are made with the best materials and your cat will have so much fun.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for Cat perches look no further we provide the best quality product at wholesale prices.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

W Las Vegas
VerizonWireless
Number of online users in last 3 minutes